View Single Post
Old 05-27-22, 01:41 PM
greatbasin

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 66 Posts
I want to suggest considering these tents: The MoonLight Tents | TheTentLab
They have three different two-person models that they detail on the site.
I'm pointing these out because they're not found at the usual sporting good stores, Amazon or REI and only do direct sales, but I believe they are worth looking into. I don't have one myself so I can't personally recommend it. My recommendation is to check them out and compare them to the alternatives. If I were shopping, that is what I would do.

For solo trips, I avoid inclement weather and have an SOL bivvy sack as a contingency. It packs about the size of a tennis ball. This plan has worked great for years here in the megadrought-stricken west.

I do have and use tents for multi-person trips and when bad weather must be endured (esp. hunting when the dates are fixed by regulation). I also need a tent to contain my dog or else he goes super-vigilant, special-forces, recon-patrol at night and at his age, I actually need him to rest and save his energy for the big days. I use Eureka tents from their "Outfitter" product line. They're very tough and durable, but not especially light. Weight isn't an issue car camping, but even backpacking, when the weight is distributed among three or four people, the couple extra pounds isn't that bad. When one person is carrying it all, an ounce is an ounce.

Last edited by greatbasin; 05-27-22 at 01:44 PM.