View Single Post
Old 06-29-22, 06:33 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 700 Times in 436 Posts
The shop is only obligated to sell the bike. I do feel they should offer a rudimentary fit and 1, or more, basic tune ups within a specified time frame, though they aren't obligated. Been a while but when I bought my road bike the dealer swapped out the stem on the spot, as the orig. felt just a little too long. I think they should offer to go over how to make basic adjustments, or how features such as thru axles or elec. shifting works. Tho it falls on the buyer to also ask, if there are features that you feel need an explanation. The dealer does not know what knowledge you might have about your purchase and may not wish to offend by explaining something which might be considered basic. So if you don't know, ask! I have no experience with thru axles or elec. shifting and would certainly ask before leaving the shop. Rim brakes and mechanical derailleurs I'm ok with. But the dealer would not know that. If there is something you feel should be offered with the purchase, don't be afraid to ask.

Last edited by freeranger; 06-29-22 at 06:48 AM.