Old 03-08-23, 11:34 AM
heidelbergensis 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 46 Posts
Greetings all!

So, it's been a minute since I posted an update here - I had a pretty severe COVID infection later in December (my second tango with everyone's favorite virus) from which took me about a month to recover. Since then, I've been busy with work, but I also managed to tear down the CN and go over all the components, as well as plan out potential builds or configurations. I settled on a 650b conversion and, after testing out several bar/stem combos, found myself enjoying a porteur bar with a 110mm stem. However, as I started getting into the nitty-gritty of the restoration, I realized a few things about the bike - or, perhaps more accurately, myself: 1.) I don't need a 650b porteur bike, 2.) I need to actually start focusing on paying off the last bit of my custom frameset build with Bilenky, 3.) I prefer the serenity of a household where my partner is not constantly (and rightfully) on my a$$ about the size of ye olde bike pile. Since this bike was always N+1(+1), the equation carried out to its inevitable conclusion is that I need to let it go. Hence, you can find the complete build listed here on the C&V marketplace: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...bike-60cm.html

All that being said, I wanted to go over some of the stages of the resto process below, both for the edification of those who followed this thread (and who graciously provided their advice, opinions and memories) as well as any potential buyers for this beautiful and unique bike. I'll revisit this thread over the next couple days with more pictures and words. Until then, thank you again to everyone who responded above! More soon!