Old 04-09-22, 06:25 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10968 Post(s)
Liked 7,495 Times in 4,191 Posts
The clicking in my saddle/seatpost is finally gone!

Praise the cycling gods, my bike is once again silent.

In 2020 I started to hear a clicking sound when I would shift on the saddle or stand up. Taking the saddle and seatpost off and regreasing everything would silence the clicking for a bit.

Early 2021 I bought a new Brooks c17 thinking it was my rails that were clicking. The saddle was worn anyways so it was a needed buy. That solved the clicking for a little but it returned.

Mid 2021 I bought a carbon 400mm Whisky seatpost to replace my Easton 350mm seatpost thinking the issue could be that the 350mm seatpost was basically right at the limit. That resolved the clicking for a short bit, bit it returned.

This year, a new seatpost clamp has finally solved the clicking. The Hope seatpost clamp was creating the click for some reason. A Wolftooth clamp is now in the bike.
Its been a 3 outdoor rides and a 5 zwift rides and there is no sound.

Simple silence is incredible. I should have just replaced everything at once. I wear ear buds on all solo rides so the clicking was largely muted which is why I slowly figured out the issue.
Likes For mstateglfr: