View Single Post
Old 06-14-22, 08:51 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,065 Times in 1,081 Posts
Originally Posted by geneg
Took a picture of my patched tubes based on your advice....almost the same spot, all 4 tubes. Tried to post it, but did not have 10 post to qualify for posting. Any trick here?
Anyway, went thru the tire and the rim, nothing to be found. No puncture marks on the tire no inside neither inside.
I missed this bit of info.

Start with this: There IS a problem. This is known. You can talk yourself into "it's not this" and "it's not that" to the point where it can't be anything. But it's definitely something, so if it's not anything, you've overlooked something. That there is 30+ years of troubleshooting wisdom, handed out for free. You're welcome.

Is the hole on the rim side or the tire side?

If it's on the tire side, the challenge is you may have rotated the tire. But since it's in the same place on 3 tubes, maybe not. Those bits of steel belted radials can be tiny little boogers, and sometimes they only protrude when the tire is flexed. Get yourself some magnifiers, a really good light, cotton ball, and get serious. Either that or throw the frickin' tire away. I will admit to having done that once.

If it's on the rim side, the location is easier to find. It's in one of two places. It's there. Rim tape, a nick, rough joint, protruding spoke... something.

Enjoy