Old 07-31-22, 08:28 AM
JoeKahno

Bikes: Bridgestone Albelt with a second Bridgestone chain drive as a backup

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
Hey, here's a thread I can really relate to. I was born with severe amblyopia, plus badly crossed eyes, and they did surgery twice to try to straighten things out (when I was 2 & 3). This was back in the early '60s, so things were still pretty primitive in eye treatment, compared to today. Basically, I've been around 80-90% (how do you measure that, lol) blind in my left eye, all my life. But at least I didn't get an involuntary lobotomy, lol. 😁😉

I have the same problem, it's tough to check traffic behind me. I really like the idea of glove-mounted mirrors, but I almost never wear gloves. 🙄 I've thought about a fork-mounted mirror, but haven't got serious about it yet. If anyone wants to borrow that idea, feel free. 🙂

BTW, if there's any doubt at all, I stop & look over my shoulder. 👍
Have the same problem. My field of view doesn't suffer. My weak eye picks up where my big nose blocks the view from my master eye. Next to nothing for depth perception though. I can compensate fairly well sober. Totaled four cars and three motorcycles before I quit drinking. That was over thirty years ago so I must be doing something right.