Old 08-21-22, 05:08 PM
JoeKahno

Bikes: Bridgestone Albelt with a second Bridgestone chain drive as a backup

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
I hear ya. 😉 Besides my bad eyes, I came from a pretty dysfunctional family. I started drinking around 12, and also started driving around then. I finally wised up, and quit driving at 22, but didn't quit drinking until I was 38. 🙄 But we're among the lucky ones, some folks can't or won't quit drinking. 😟

Dang, I just realized, on 9/18/22, I'll have 30 years too. 😲 Where does the time go? 😉
I grew up in Wisconsin. There's a reason they have a baseball team called the Brewers. I had my first beer when I was tall enough to peek over the edge of the kitchen table and ask what was in the brown bottles. By the time I was thirty my drinker wore out. Upside is that while I was playing with other chemicals in my teens and twenties I already had my primary addiction nailed down solid. When I hung it up I only had one chemical to quit. To this day Wisconsin technically doesn't have a minimum drinking age. As long as you're being served by a parent or guardian they can put Jack Daniels in a baby bottle and while it might get them charged with child abuse it's not underage drinking.