Old 11-07-22, 05:40 AM
JoeKahno

Bikes: Bridgestone Albelt with a second Bridgestone chain drive as a backup

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
And another thing, how do you guys do at shaving? 🙄 I normally just wear a full beard, because I can't trim or shave worth a darn, lol. Things just always seem a bit lopsided or uneven. Every once in awhile, I have to just shave the whole mess off, and start over. This time around, I shaved on the 31st of August, so it'll be easy to remember when I started a fresh beard. Like that means anything. 😉
I have a long learning curve for anything requiring manual dexterity. I got so fed up with razor manufacturers "improving" their product to the point where I had to learn how to use it again I finally went retro. I got myself an antique Schick Krona double edge safety razor. At first it was like trying to scrape my face with a finely honed golf club. Now it's just my razor and it just works. Several companies still make that style and blades are available anywhere on the planet. BTW, safety is relative, there is enough of a gap between the blade and guard you can do some serious face planing if you're not careful. Compared to what it replaced, four inches of naked high carbon steel, it's a "safety razor".

(I also bought a banjo during the covid lock down. I don't ever expect to become proficient. I'll be spending at least a small piece of each day annoying the neighbors dog.)