View Single Post
Old 01-18-23, 02:56 PM
Altair 4

Bikes: 2011 Novara Forza Hybrid, 2005 Trek 820, 1989 Cannondale SR500 Black Lightning, 1975 Mundo Cycles Caloi Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 157 Posts
I saw the article that the OP posted and thought about my cycling friends. One couple and their friend occasionally partake in a big group beer ride from one craft brewer to another, in a string, around town. The guy went over the (handle) bar during one of those, in traffic, and was lucky not to have been run over. I've been invited, but it isn't my thing. Having grown up with an alcoholic uncle and a dad who sometimes drank too much on the weekends, it's just something I do in extreme moderation. In a given year, I probably have less than 6 alcoholic drinks of any kind.

The article that made me think more was one that appeared recently relating various cancers to alcohol consumption.

My wife and I were joking about the Dry January" thing after seeing a medical reporter on TV saying how it made her skin look better and her let her sleep better. If this is the case, why not extend it all year?
Likes For Altair 4: