View Single Post
Old 02-25-23, 11:33 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Popped my back a few weeks ago doing a big jump. Back is crooked again, 3rd time in about 2 years, and 2nd time in 8? months. So since popping it my back is getting more straight, doing aggressive PT, asked the PT guy to just fix my back. He's aggressively needling my back, doing some "hinge" and "twist" type strengthening work as well. It's almost straight, went from about 20-25 deg off to about 5-10 deg off.

The bit that bugged me about this one was I felt strong core wise before my back popped. I could lift my son comfortably (70-75 lbs), had no achy back, no issues, no nothing. Then I did a monster jump on the trainer (recent PR, 1300w) and it just popped.

Found I could't make any jumps since getting back on the bike. Will try again today. I go to jump and I can't apply any torque to the pedals. it's like when you just wake up from a deep sleep and you're a bit weak and can't pick up that heavy thing that you can normally pick up, and you do pick up 10 minutes later. On the trainer I pull on the bars and feel no effort, no tension in my arm. I might as well be lifting a cup of coffee.

Seems my non jump is capped at about 1000w on the trainer, just with bodyweight and a coffee cup worth of pulling lol.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson