Old 11-29-21, 12:35 AM
mhespenheide 

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, LeMond Victoire, Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Kona Hei Hei, Ritchey Ultra, Schwinn "Paramount" PDG, '83 Trek 640

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 324 Times in 210 Posts
Hmmn.

The only one that's really attainable that I want but just haven't picked up yet is an RB-1. I'm probably looking for a '92 or '93; the yellow-with-white-panels paint has grown on me over the years. Also vaguely looking for an '83 Sequoia, but that's more curiosity. Now that I'm back in Seattle, I'd happily pick up the right Davidson and/or Rodriguez.

There are plenty of other framebuilders whose work I'd be interested in (DiNucci, Kirk, Kvale, Lyon, DeSalvo, etc.), but they're not common enough to call "available" even though many of them are still building. There's actually a used ~62cm DeSalvo out there right now that I'm having a hard time ignoring. There's a Jack Taylor out there in my size that I'm interested in, but the owner doesn't seem ready to sell it anytime soon.

Really I should just ask gugie to keep an eye out for something appropriate in my size (or ask his recommendations on what to look for) and call it good. Like others have mentioned, I'm trying to cut back on collecting and focus more on the riding. That's hard when I don't have much time between a new job and a very young son.