Old 11-30-21, 12:55 PM
Lastmohecken

Bikes: CB4 COGBURN FAT TIRE MOUNTAIN BIKE, with severe modifications

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
As any ebike purchase, first you need to set you parameters for performance.
Determine the terrain & type of riding you plan on doing with your ebike, then decide whether mid-drive or hub-drive is better suited for your purpose.
I currently own both type of motor-drive ebikes, and do many different types of riding, on & off-road.
I've built my own and purchased many hub-driven ebike for over a decade, and mid-drive for over 4 years.
I still prefer hub-driven ebikes for majority of my riding.
Determine your needs, be specific; maybe you'd get better suggestions from the collective.
Well, my needs are kind of like this:
I want to ride gravel roads, with steep hills and maybe also some off road farm field and woods riding, still possibly steep hills. I am 64 years old and want to get in better shape, and lose some weight. I do have some friends that ride on paved bike trails using mountain bikes, but that are in younger and better shape then me, and there is no way I could keep up with them on any kind of regular bicycle for very long at all. But maybe I could with an ebike. But most of my riding will be on gravel, dirt, and sometimes muddy roads, for general exercise.