cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 642 Times in 437 Posts
Fun in Mittel Franken

Somehow I ended up with 3 Gravel bikes... Very similar, all very much Fun.
My Planned trip back to my Hometown, Dinkelsbühl in Franconia, Germany, was just super great ! And I really wanted to have a bike which I could use on all terrain,roads,paths in the area. Original thought was to send my Poseidon X over to Germany and buy another bike for here in the US. I ended up buying a Framed Basswood (awesome good) and when time to send the PoseidonX over, the shipping cost had jumped crazy high... So I fell back to buying a bike over there - which turned out to be the Decathlon Triban 120 Grvl in M.

Triban 120 Grvl in front of Segringer Tor, Dinkelsbühl, Germany

Wasn't expecting 'Great', but good enough to enjoy during my planned yearly visits - couple months each.
I was greatly surprised... it is 'Great'. Solid performer on both road and gravel/forest path. Not super light, but not really heavy. Great components, considering the price, and solid, reliable performance.
Didn't need any changes on the running gear, just some 'preferred' mods.

Triban 120 Grvl at St Ullrich's Kapelle
My mods - Sella Italia Saddle & Rockshox seatpost (stock saddle is not bad, but is 130 mm which just doesn;t work for me), RedShift ShockStop stem with one 90 elastomer, Crank Bros Acid pedals,
Inexpensive Bar bag & saddle bag, Water bottle, holder and pump. AND some Hebie plastic Fenders - very nice, perfect width for 40-42 ish width tires, easily removable and full coverage. Found in Germany - they don;t seem to be available in the US.
I've put on about 250 miles so far, about 65% gravel, forest path, remainder on road. Bike is really great riding, just a home run for the price. Microshift 10 spd works flawlessly, reliably. Brakes work great, wheels are quite nice and free rolling, considering the price. A great value !
I already have an older Sworks Tarmac there for strictly road rides, and my Opa's fiets (1939 Phenomenen) for around town and shopping.
The Triban - a great ride, and time. Looking forward to my next trip back home!
Ride On
Yuri

Last edited by cyclezen; 11-14-22 at 10:11 AM.
Likes For cyclezen: