View Single Post
Old 08-21-21, 05:45 AM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
Some people can be overly competitive without much thought. Yesterday I was on my 62 mile loop on a limestone surfaced bike path lollygaging along at about 14mph or so in the 85 degree heat on my fat e bike when a young guy about 140 lb soaking wet in a race suit, on a road bike passes me without a word of caution. It startled me. The path was empty and the area was wide open. Once awake I kicked up the speed a bit and kinda matched him He kept checking over his shoulder on every curve so I closed the distance up to about 100 yards or so. He increases his speed about two miles and hour. I increased my cadence a lot. Whenever he went over a rise or around a turn I would close the distance back up. He became obsessed with looking back to see where I was at. He did five miles this way before turning off.
Amazing how you can be so competitive but unobservant. He just passed me. My bike screams e bike. What makes him think that an old man, on a hot day, with a dog on a big fat bike could give him a run for his money without it being an e bike. That kid had to be really sweating.