View Single Post
Old 04-28-22, 11:25 AM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Yeah, it is quirky to see how in a world where marginal gains and hard data claims are the norm, there is a dearth of specifics when it comes to aero gains on gravel frames.
I think the common thought for a long time has been that its gravel where speeds are lower, so aero gains are not as important. If that is the common thought, it appears to be changing a bit as gravel naturally segments into adventure, party ride, competitive, etc. The interest in competitive/enthusiast gravel riding will naturally bring claimed aero gains from the road side as a marketing tool to differentiate product offerings.

^all that is really just me guessing in an attempt to try and understand why the gravel market as a whole does some things and doesnt do other things.
As I get older I try to pay less and less attention to the marketing, and more to the experience of riding/wrenching/enjoying bikes.
Now that I've lived in one area for a few years now I have a good idea of what my likes/dislikes are. An aero gravel bike is intriguing to me because I do a lot of mixed surface riding and I think it would be fun to have a flat out race machine that can handle road and gravel. The Warbird is great, don't get me wrong, but it's not super aggressive or sprightly on the pavement.