View Single Post
Old 04-28-22, 12:11 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10970 Post(s)
Liked 7,497 Times in 4,193 Posts
Originally Posted by shoota
As I get older I try to pay less and less attention to the marketing, and more to the experience of riding/wrenching/enjoying bikes.
Now that I've lived in one area for a few years now I have a good idea of what my likes/dislikes are. An aero gravel bike is intriguing to me because I do a lot of mixed surface riding and I think it would be fun to have a flat out race machine that can handle road and gravel. The Warbird is great, don't get me wrong, but it's not super aggressive or sprightly on the pavement.
For sure- the bike you describe seems right up your alley. Capable to handle a hammerfest on gravel and doesnt feel limiting on pavement.

The Aspero, Addict Gravel, and Exploro Racemax would all have steeper head and seat tube angles than a Warbird(at least in my size). They also have shorter chainstays, shorter wheelbases, and more bottom bracket drop. Their trail figures are also lower than the Salsa's so steering will feel quicker.
Just based on geometry, those should feel more sprightly on pavement as a result while still being fully capable on gravel.
Likes For mstateglfr: