Old 10-23-15, 12:25 PM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
If not for the cost I would probably have one. At the very least to help haul heavy loads from the grocery store faster, because a grocery trip takes 2 hours now, nearly half of that spent pedaling slowly. I would prefer a cargo bike with e-assist, something that could also carry my son, or perhaps even my son and my wife. Then we could possibly sell both of our cars and get my wife a newer car.

An e-bike would certainly make my hilly 31 mile RT commute easier, and faster. Faster would be great for me since I already have to leave at 6 am and don't get home until 6 pm on days I ride, because I'm slow. Don't get to see my family much on those days. E-bike would cut that time way down. But, I've been pedaling that commute for over 2 years now as a way to get in physical activity, and I would feel like I'm cheating myself out of that physical activity if I went the e-bike route for commuting purposes.
Likes For PatrickGSR94: