Thread: College Cruiser
View Single Post
Old 01-14-18, 09:32 PM
woodybr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for all the info, guys! It's been a mix of opinions on the bikes I posted and suggestions of other bikes - just what I needed! I'll stick around while I haven't finalized my decision in case there are more people willing to weigh in.

Originally Posted by jimmie65
Go for the Mango. I had a Mango Key Largo and loved it.
I don't know anything specific about the Amazon cruiser, but Amazon bikes are usually the same low quality you can get at Walmart.
Thanks, I hadn't found much info about it. It's reassuring!

Originally Posted by SquidPuppet
The Sixthreezero frame is steel and a somewhat more traditional looking cantilever design.

The Mango is aluminum and has a non traditional single large diameter top tube.

They appear to be of equal quality, so it comes down to aesthetics and ride quality.

If you have a bike shop assemble it, make sure they open things up and inspect for adequate grease.
I'll check with the local bike shop for the cost of assembly. Thanks!

Originally Posted by n0+4c|u3
As SP said, they are both good bikes, provided they are assembled correctly.
My question is about your weight. Aluminum is an unforgiving material, uncompromisingly stiff.
Steel is much more forgiving, a softer feel if you will. It flexes where aluminum doesn't.
Are you a bigger person? Choose the aluminum, you will appreciate the stiffness.
Are you smaller? Like 165 or less? Think about the steel frame.
I'm 5'9" and 154 lbs.

Originally Posted by n0+4c|u3
Going to throw in something I've been thinking.
Check out the men's Schwinn Midway at Walmart.
It's of a similar quality to those other two, and it's cheap enough where you'd not lose so much when you sold it.
Take the box to a bike shop and have a complete tune up done (braking and shifting adjustment, lube, assembly.
Buy the Walmart warranty that covers EVERYTHING, and if it breaks, take it back.
You're still saving money.
Sounds great, I'll take a look. I saw it at $150 at their website but comments said they found it a lot cheaper in stores. Unfortunately, my city doesn't have a Walmart(only a small, overpriced kmart) and, since I don't own a car, I'd have to stick with the online order.