Old 09-15-20, 11:16 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Milton Keynes
Ah, I didn't realize that could be private property. I thought it was a public street but I guess it could be the entry way for the car lot's parking lot. If it is private property then I guess they can put up whatever signs they want. I thought the dealership was on a corner and the street next to the "no pedestrians" and "no bicycles" signs was a public street.

My guess is that their insurer insists on some very conspicuous signage. Through traffic of any kind through what is essentially a parking lot is an invitation to lots of low speed collisions. A disproportionate number of fender benders occur in parking lots and at gas stations because there's no clear rules of who goes where when. Adding bicycles into the mix just makes this situation worse for the lot owner. And to add to that there's a bunch of people driving vehicles they're not familiar with in the same lot. I doubt this sign was aimed at people who were actually riding to/from the dealership, and I seriously doubt they'd say anything to you if you did..