View Single Post
Old 11-22-10, 05:10 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
You pasted a URL link to your Photobucket not a picture.

To remain logged in properly you must enable COOKIES, otherwise you will experience the constant logins.

Cookies are not spam, they are tags designed to help your browser load faster by coordinating page elements in the cache to reassemble the page when you return to it, refresh it. Without it it could take longer and in many cases only the new data has to be downloaded.

Before I get further into the post, please make certain you are using a MODERN BROWSER. IE7 and 8, 9 is in Beta I believe, Firefox and other current alternative browser versions work best with this platform and many others. IE6 doesn't work very well with anything anymore

You can have your browser save certain cookies and files automatically when you clear the cache, clear it automatically when you close the browser etc through various settings and programs, consult the help/FAQ files of the respective browser or program.

Don't forget to check the box below where you enter your login name "Remember me".

Once that is done you should stay logged in thoughout the session.

In IE 6 and other older browsers you may face being timed out or not remaining logged in.

Setting your browser to open a new window or tab when you click a link also assures you don't leave the site to go to another one, you merely open a new window or tab.

Tabbed browsing is not available in IE6.

NOW: I want you to look at the top row of icons in your reply...There should be a globe with a chainlink "Insert Link" and the box with what looks like a tree "Insert image" then the film strip "Insert video".

The middle "Insert image' is the one you want. A box will appear, paste the address making sure the http... part in the window is pasted over or it will be http http and won't work, that's a quirk of the platform that it ought to recognize and fix but nope it's not made to.

You posted a link to a folder, not a picture. The icon of the globe is for that. Click on the image you want. Either right click and click on Properties the mouse over and copy the URL in the middle of the box (IE)...that is what you paste into the Insert image window.

If all is right a picture will appear in the reply. You can reposition it but not change the size or shape. It's being downloaded straight from the site. If an error occurs (empty space or a box with an X), check your address or try another image type.

When the you or the site remove an image or the site may even fold the Bike Forums server may not be able to find it and the images may not display or a not found message from the internet will may appear. You might want to edit the posts to repair this or remove the links then.

Using the photo uploader in the advanced reply "Go Advanced" or Reply with Quote allows you to post attachments (thumbnails).

Here is one of your images from the address you provided

It doesn't seem to work the same was as it does in ADVANCED, so advanced might be good if you wish to use pictures in their full sized format.

Long explanation but I hope it helps and I appreciate your questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
th_012..jpg (4.5 KB, 462 views)

Last edited by Rollfast; 11-22-10 at 05:13 AM.