View Single Post
Old 08-18-21, 12:21 PM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1608 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
1969, Frankfurt, Germany, riding to work on a fairly new UO-8. Entered a round about and needed to go about 3/4 of the way aroud. A car came from behind to take the first exit. Contact at the handle bar, pedal, and elbow. The car did the steering for me. It was all I could do to stay upright and lean right to disengage. Success!
Heart beating like crazy. Anger, he shook his fist at me! Hessians are not nice people and have a reputation, obviously. Don't know how to pronounce Ich either. Anyway, didn't impact my riding until a couple of accidents later. I have done a face plant from fall leaves on wooden bridges, face plant due to wet wooden bridge, have had a bruise reflecting the outline of a car door across my belly and chest, and the big one, fractured scapula, broken humorous (8 inch plate and seven screws), damaged vision, severe tissue trauma (12 years and nerves still growing back) on the forearm below the humorous, road rash, and a shoulder joint needing a lot of PT.

In my old age, i take corners a little slower and am a bit more caseous.

Had eye surgery a couple of weeks ago that has improved my vision dramatically. Still 3 months to go to full recovery.