View Single Post
Old 04-11-22, 12:46 PM
seedsbelize2

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3205 Post(s)
Liked 1,845 Times in 1,164 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
This is a question for those who use hotels sometimes.

Mrs datlas and I are traveling to Asheville in a few weeks. Although we could do the full 9 hour drive at once, we are thinking of breaking it into two. So I got online and looked for budget hotels in Virginia.

The usual "Chain" budget hotels all look reasonable on their websites, but the online reviews are typically not good stating the places are disgusting and dirty and awful etc., do we think these are just angry Karens or is any hotel under $100/night a squalid rat's nest?? We have not stayed in a Hotel like that for several years so have no frame of reference.
I hate to have to say it, but they tend to be squalid rat's nests. You might want to consider $150 for a quality experience. The last sub $100 hotel I stayed in was almost ten years ago. It was squalid even then. Even at my low standards. Sometimes you can find a Hilton for under $150. They are never squalid, imo.