Old 09-19-22, 10:17 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
I have an AX-Lightness saddle that specifically says in the manual to not hang the bike by the saddle.

That saddle is mounted to a Darimo seatpost with very specific saddle clamping instructions. Darimo also specifically states in the owners manual to not clamp the seat post in a work stand. Even though it was the reinforced model, the one & only time I gently clamped it in the work stand yielded curious "witness marks." I'll not be doing that again.

The saddle & seat post are installed in an ultralight, triple butted steel frame that good sense says to never, ever clamp...I even utilized a "not to exceed" 4nm torque value to avoid the risk of crushing the seat tube. (Nobody told me to do that, but the tubing is paper thin & stupid expensive. So cut me some slack. )

My advice to the OP is to consult with the saddles manufacturer. High end components tend to be ultra-engineered to be fit only for its intended use & nothing more.

Last edited by base2; 09-19-22 at 10:20 PM.
Likes For base2: