Old 09-20-22, 01:08 AM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,594 Times in 1,437 Posts
Originally Posted by tFUnK
FBinNY not sure how it's ridiculous? At a high level I already agree with you, and it benefits me if you're correct. There's been enough discussion and experiences from others to warrant my worries, and again I think some of the suggestions are quite sensible.

I know I've omitted some information but let's say I've got a 20lb bike hanging off the saddle, .
I think my last post framed the question perfectly.

Every time we get on a bicycle we are betting our asses on that bicycle, both literally and figuratively.

We all ride differently and under different conditions but for my part I have exceeded 60MPH on descents, ridden pavements so bad that SUV drivers were doing 10MPH or less, been in heavy traffic congestion with very little room to spare, been caught in unbelievable downpours and the occasional flood, and once rode for over 10 miles constantly eyeballing a tornado on a parallel course.

If I couldn't trust my bicycle I couldn't be comfortable riding it, and I'd give up the sport entirely. So I only bet my ass on stuff I trust.

You've added information since, including bumping with your car but that's all secondary. Other than concerns about cosmetics which you were advised about early on, the rest is all up to your judgment and only you know exactly what is happening.

I'm not you, but in your shoes I'd be more focused on avoiding hitting the bike with my car each time, then about the saddle supporting the bike.

Last edited by FBinNY; 09-20-22 at 01:11 AM.
Likes For FBinNY: