Old 12-15-22, 12:31 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
More like a low-light with a silver lining here

While aboard the Davidson, I was hit by a car back in September, wrecking the rear wheel and dinging up other bits. After over two months awaiting the settlement, then ordering/waiting on parts, I ended up with a tubular wheelset replacing the old clinchers, and an extra splash of color.

Not gonna buff out:

All repaired, and a new look:

Being without a bike after a couple weeks drove me nuts, so I flew up to WA in mid-October, picked up all my bikes and most of my spares, then drove back to AZ in a rental van stuffed to the gills. I now have all my bikes (with the exception of 2 zeros left in WA and OR), and on Thanksgiving morning took the Medici up South Mountain with a bunch of other riders for the 35th Annual Turkey Day Ride - my first:

Nice to have the Colnago and Bianchi here, too, and they've also been getting some miles as they've been serviced in turn - they were hanging in a storage facility for a year, and needed some TLC to get them back to my standard of preparation. It's quite nice to again have multiple bikes from which to choose - I missed that. Now I don't have to ride the Davidson's (new) wheels into the ground as my only bike any longer!

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 12-15-22 at 07:54 PM.