Old 06-28-22, 09:28 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9653 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
Originally Posted by aliasfox
If it's the fabric itself that's falling apart, could you get a bolt of black/grey/beige/whatever color from a fabric store, some double sided tape (or glue), and maybe an industrial stapler? I'm thinking:

1. Take out the headliner that's falling apart, including whatever foam backing that's there
2, Get a piece of cardboard from whatever your last large purchase/delivery was, and cut that cardboard down to the same size as the fiberglass roof panel
3. wrap the cardboard in the fabric that you purchased, using double sided tape/glue on the passenger compartment facing side, and stapling around the edges where you've wrapped the fabric to the other side
4. Install the fabric-wrapped cardboard in the ceiling - I would imagine you'd want to use something like epoxy to make it more secure.

I think this would work reasonably if the headliner area is reasonably flat, or at least doesn't have much in the way of compound curves.
When you do that on your car, let us know how it goes! I give it a week, if that.