View Single Post
Old 03-01-22, 09:38 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6882 Post(s)
Liked 10,873 Times in 4,637 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
It turns out I’m getting slight brake rub front and rear. As I mentioned earlier, there was not much of any pad clearance going on, and I futzed with aligning the caliper and the pistons quite a bit, so it’s probably an issue with caliper compatibility with the thickness of the SRAM Centerline X rotors. I earlier called Hope Tech USA and the suggestion from them was to make sure I didn’t overfill the systems. I just know went through to check that and, while it did help somewhat, it didn’t fully fix things up. Hope further indicated I may need to use their rotors, which are— apparently— thinner than the SRAM Centerline X units (~1.65mm vs. 1.85mm).

I’m pretty confident I’ve done everything right, like fully seating the pistons, so unfortunately I’ll probably have to shell out for a pair of rotors. I’ll call Hope in the morning and see what they have to say. It seems like the kind of thing (rotor thickness maximums) they really should call out somewhere; maybe I missed it.

So very close here, but no cigar just yet!
Their rotors are way too expensive, for what they are. And on top of that, they're thinner than SRAM or Shimano rotors, so you get to replace them sooner? That's poor design.

No thanks.