Old 07-25-22, 08:51 PM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I'm 54 and I have only been striving for health for 4 years. I watch my diet and get as much cycling and yoga as I can. I do think there is great benefit in a lot of these therapies, but you have to tailor it to suit you. I can't do the intense workout in the heat like I could 10 or better yet 20 years ago. I about stroked out from heat about 3 years ago and I am a lot more respectful of how fast you can get into trouble doing something like intense cycling in high heat.

It might be something about needing to reach a finish point that can push you when cycling that wouldn't be the same if you were just stationary training in heat like they do in those heated yoga classes, or if you were in a sauna.
Sounds a lot more reasonable. Heat therapy at low intensity or zero intensity efforts. That would work for me.

But not high intensity workout in high heat conditions like going out in the mid day sun or not using fan during indoor training. Summer season already gives plenty of opportunities to acclimate to the heat. There's no need to add extra heat. It will only force you to scale back your efforts / power and that can be bad for FTP and building bone and muscle strength.