View Single Post
Old 01-06-23, 03:24 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,434 Times in 816 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
I’ve done a couple spin classes with a friend at her request. In the 45:00-60:00 minute classes it was pretty intense. A couple of times I had to relax before a particular intense “sprint” or “climb” was finished. But like others in this thread In the end I thought “Those people are good for an hour. They were completely exhausted at the end.” I don’t think they could hang with me on ride of 2, 3, 4 hours or more. I was tired…but I could have kept going in a real road situation. Maybe it comes down to pacing I guess. The thing I didn’t like was the ‘booming’ music, and the instructor yelling stuff. I like the serenity of my surroundings, and being outside…regardless of the weather conditions.

Dan
Total agreement on the statement regarding the "booming music" and the instructor yelling. Also the serene surroundings and outside. Kudos to those that do spin class, I give a hard pass.