Old 10-12-20, 09:32 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3466 Post(s)
Liked 1,470 Times in 1,147 Posts
I did GAP and C&O in 2013, we only camped some nights, but I can say where we did. You should double check these, I only did a quick google search to see if they still existed, one had a name change.

THere was a Riversedge Campground (RV Park) near Connellsville. When I did an internet search, it now comes up as Uniontown KOA.

Camped at the YMCA in Cumberland.

Stayed at the C&O bike shop and bunkhouse in Hancock. Was not camping, but was almost like camping when you are using your sleeping bag on a bunk that was hard enough that you use your own sleeping pad too. Not sure if this would be a good idea with Covid, but if there is a breeze then maybe it would be like being outdoors. I do not know if you could pitch a tent there or not, you could call and ask.

You say you are not cooking. With Covid restaurant restrictions being what they are, good luck with that.