Old 06-05-19, 12:01 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
So what do you think about the fact that it takes government spending to fund the automotive culture? Are you fine with that? Is that simply the price you think we all have to pay to avoid becoming like Africa and all these other less-developed places you claim to have been and seem to deplore?
First things first. Government also funds mass transit and roads. They do so with taxes and borrowed money. It doesn’t have to be a giant conspiracy it can be as simple as best practices to make a life for the public better. No one is walking 1000s of miles to get to a car free life in Venezuela are they. Are masses of people trying to immigrate to Africa?

Are you disputing the progression from being poor to being more successful? Are you disputing the idea that your neighbors do not feel they are being paid too much for their work?

No I suggest that most people even a preponderance if people are as aware as I am and can choose for themselves what they prefer to use to get to work. I don’t assume I know better or have clearer vision as to what makes others happy. But I do know from experience that given the choice people would rather make a wage that includes enough for their wants and something left over for their children.

That is why I suggest it is good to have a social group to bounce ideas off of and ask why the do or don’t like the forms of transportation they are offered.

Show us a society that feels they are over paid or that don’t deserve what they are paid.

Maybe society has decided it is a price worth paying and that is what matters.