View Single Post
Old 06-05-19, 03:03 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
Are you trying to say you know better than the rest of society what will make them happy? Are you saying they are fools? I don’t accept that concept for a second.

Can you demonstrate your idea of making less is the same as making more? Is there a wife and child you have to provide for on minimum wage? I am saying there is nothing in your ideas that have substance.

I am saying every place I have ever been to where people start out poor are working towards making more not less to take care of their families. Every place I have been to is working towards a life most people in the US see as successful. And none of those people I would call foolish or ignorant or stupid. I am saying if you want people to following your suggestions give them an example of how that has worked for you. And if they decide it isn’t for them let them live their life.
This thread is about why transit funding in the US doesn't achieve transit. It's simply because the funding is paid out in wages that afford everyone a car and driving expenses.

Further I noted that without transit and infrastructure funding, most people wouldn't be able to afford to drive a personal motor-vehicle, i.e. they would have to choose transit and/or ride a bike.

You seem to agree, only you think that it's a good thing.

So your perennial insistence that choice is good denies that choice is actually structured out of the system by the way it works.