View Single Post
Old 12-27-17, 11:33 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked 1,121 Times in 744 Posts
Uggghh - late night internet browsing and i noted that the price for 35 Scattos was 299, vs 389 for 37's through an Amazon vendor

They are not here yet and i am already second guessing this one (but also picked up a nice Izumi chain for 58$ - that should definitely be a keeper.

On paper, i am a decent candidate for these short, shallow bars, --- im a Clydesdale (and not in a good way) and struggle with reach issues on almost everything else unless i use short stems.

At 5'8, im not quite one of the 7 dwarves, but the belly to hip angle relationship means i use pretty short stems with conventional bars, - like 70 and 80 on the road bikes, but coupled with 44 bars usually

Top tube on my track bike is a good bit longer than my road bikes (54.5 vs 53) , but then again, track bikes do not have the ever popular " on the hoods" position , so it translates well

In defense of the 35's, they go even shallower than 3t,s shallow depth Ergonova Pro road bars, which i use -- the 37's are roughly equal to that bar in drop

Just another case of a guy with an imperfect chassis chasing a perfect ride .

And now that the Superdrome closure looks inevitable, i dont know why i am even buying more track equipment-- but then again, there are a lot of long distance trackies out there