Old 04-02-19, 01:31 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I had enough time for a brief workout so just used the hill out of the driveway of the house and then up to the top of the neighborhood. I say hill, one is like 1:00 and the other 2:15 +/-. My 2:15 to 2:30 or so I did with just the amount of break time to ride tempo downhill to start, u-turn, and go. That'll do it too I guess.

Ride felt so forced for target power. Then, looked back at the ride, also overcooked the first 30-45 seconds. Still got in usable time in a usable way I suppose.

Like 260w NP for about 35min. I'll take it given the 1 minute-ish hill you can only coast down good for zero watts . It just felt really taxing versus that "I'm tearing this up" feeling. Too much yard work this weekend maybe. I moved three raised vegetable beds by myself on Sunday.

I signed up for my spring RR. I'll go do it. Feel kind of meh about it. Power is good, but just where I'm at right now in the head. It's not that I lack a sense of urgency or aggression, just that I'm not feeling super sociable lately. A RR isn't a social occasion, I'm just disappointed I was a moron and didn't watch the calendar better and am missing a relatively close-by time trial I could have done instead. I'd have gotten toasted at it, but it's probably going to be more my thing. It's not doable to do both the same weekend, and the RR is in my backyard anyway versus what would be a hotel stay.

I'll get my crap together this year on the TT bike and fit, then pick something else later.