Old 10-24-19, 08:41 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 829:

29F and a light wind. That's the 2nd coldest morning we've had so far this fall. Lots of frost on the streets and cars. I don't think we've had a morning above 45F in the last two weeks, so the weather is definitely shifting.

Took the road bike. It was very dark when I left the house, and stayed dark enough to leave my light on the whole 8 miles to the office. That's also a first for the season, as up until today somewhere in the 2nd half of the commute it becomes bright enough to switch my headlight over to flashing mode. Not today.

Cut through a closed road. There was only about 50 yards where they were actually doing construction, and that was over on the right side. I moved over to the left and wasn't in anyone's way. The detour would have taken me 1/2 mile out of my way and down a very major artery, so I decided I'd risk getting yelled at. Nobody did.

Surprisingly, I met probably a half dozen other cyclists riding the opposite way on the MUP, so I wasn't the only one out in the cold and dark.