Old 03-22-21, 12:31 AM
brixxton
resykler

Bikes: Bianchi Eros, Bianchi Reparto Corsa, Mongoose IBOC Campagnolo, Schwinn Super Sport, Mairag 4 Star, Canondale Criterium, Centurion Accordo RS, Specialized Hard Rock 1st Gen, Bianchi Special '81

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Why so serious, the flashy Italian gets taken down a peg

by this angry brother of the 2 wheels
I put the Garlatti on Craigs List for $595. I know crazy, but I wasn't intending on selling it.Just seeing what sort or responses I would get. Well heres's a cracker

",Nobody will ever give you $595 for that pile. "All Campagnolo"? Get real dude. Misleading ****ers like you who don;t know anything about bikes clutter up CL with your vintage thrift store, garage sale, dumpster diver garbage and pretend to know something about collectible bikes. Moron."

Heavy stuff
Why does this guy care? Surely me setting the bar crazy high for a 1970 Hand Made Italian bike with provenance will mean he can sell his " common as muck " Bianchi for the big bucks..............
think I might take it down to the bare chrome frame or touch up the white after totally buffing the chrome. Of course then it wont be completely origional so the price...
currently I have 8 bikes I sold 2 last week having got my act together and advertised them , what I still have is

2 Single Speeds.
don't know which to keep..love them both
think I'll turn the Bianchi back into a 10 speed with the Suntour Blue and Universal Center Pulls
Started with basics so just striped them down leaving front brake and adding some nice Carbon rims and slicks
Bianchi Forcella Origionale Colombus
Motobecane Super Mirage

2 Excellent candidates for setting up as Gravel Bikes or as quality Road Racers
Univega Nuovo Sport
I love this frame so I took some of the cool parts I have in my workshop doing nothing and got some practise installing them. it now sports , Pearl 9 stem. Cinelli bars, Shimano Exage Motion Crank , side pulls,......
Lotus Excelle
Great frame Champion 5, still origional but for upgraded gear set Shimano HG41=8W and wheels Campagnolo Omnicron T6 front / Alex Rims 1019 Rear

2 Road Racers
Bianchi of unown providence
stripped bare Italian steel, gold leaf applied to buttresses then coated with Marine varnish, Campagnolo Mirage gearset ,dual action sidepulls. Super light, not for sale
Garlatti 1970 Italian
star of the show

2 Project Mountain Bikes
Mongoose Tange Chromoly frame ,Deore SX Gearset
Schwinn Predator frame

and what I sold through CraigsList to two people that were very happy with their new Bikes and the chance to support me in my mission to save cool old bikes were see pics

The Motobecane was sold with Shimano 105 Gearset and Carbon rear and Mavic front.
Brittany was pristine.

I joined this group to have a laugh with like minded gear heads with a collective passion for two wheels .Also to poach ideas and maybe in the long run be of help to others.
I sell my bikes because I can't keep them all , not because I'm desperate.

My baby
and its awesome building something cool even if the average Stanley doesn't appreciate the Pearl stem or classic

Last edited by brixxton; 03-22-21 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Pictures
Likes For brixxton: