Old 05-03-22, 12:47 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6199 Post(s)
Liked 4,816 Times in 3,323 Posts
If you buy a name brand bike from any of the local bike shops, you'll get a very decent bike. Trek, Cannondale and Specialized being the big three common brand names down in my area. There are many others though.

You need to pretty much decide off the bat if you can handle a race fit or only want a relaxed fit. A race fit bike, though sexy looking and very attractive to many will just look stupid if you have to raise the bars silly high with extender and weirdly angled stems.

First road bike? Maybe shoot for a relaxed fit bike. What many now call endurance fit, although I can last just as long on a race fit as many can last on a endurance fit. Also don't spend a wad on your first road bike. Get one that you can replace easily after you get some experience and know better what you may want. There are all kinds of ways to enjoy a road bike, and likely most of us responding to you here don't ride in the same manner or for the same reasons.

Regardless of anything, make sure it fits you well. And second to that, get a color that appeals to you and that says "ride me"!
Likes For Iride01: