Old 08-11-21, 08:32 AM
Rdmonster69
Shawn of the Dead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Keep in mind that the base difference in weight, ie frameset weight, is about 4oz (the rest of the difference is in trim) and that both the Domane SL and SLR are chunky by carbon road bike standards. If comfort is paramount, they're the ticket. If you can give up a smidge of comfort (most modern road bikes these days will take at least a 28mm tire), there are lighter, more snappy handling options out there.
I understand they are a bit on the porky side but should be much lighter than what I currently am riding. I have lots of window shopping to do before buying a bike so I could change my mind a few times lol. I like the wheels on the S:R as well as a few other items so it is worth t to me . Plus I can afford the price difference. Ordering earlier is not a great option as I need to put flooring in two rooms of my house and the wife says I have to do that first !!! Hopefully if I order in Jan/Feb I can get it by spring. I did find one within driving distance that is a 60 cm. That seems to be a bigger size than most ride and being an expensive bike maybe it will hang around for 6 months and I an get a discount !! FWIW Lynskey said 12 weeks to delivery for an Ultegra equipped model which is also in my price range.