View Single Post
Old 06-04-21, 10:14 AM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 826 Post(s)
Liked 2,048 Times in 545 Posts
I am not likely to ever visit that other forum. I spend almost all my time in C&V. I occasionally dip my toes in the Road and Commuting forums, more for the topical discussion than for the bikes. I was sort of indifferent about the whole thing until I realized that mods are actively going through and moving threads into this new forum.

Quoted from the other linked thread:
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
Yes, we are trying to move the threads into the new sub forum. If you guys see something that should be moved, please please please report it and suggest it go into the new forum. THAT WOULD HELP A WHOLE LOT~~ Because right now, my team is trying to go through each thread to see if it belongs there and it's a lot of work. Thanks,. I really appreciate it.
At first I thought @Drillium Dude posted his stunning Davidson in that forum to get the ball rolling over there. Same with @jamesdak and his (classic but maybe not quite vintage enough?) Pinarello Monviso. Now I realized those threads were likely moved by the mods. I probably never would have bothered to look over there, and would have missed these beautiful, classic , KOF builds from people I consider "C&V BF members." I'd be bummed if that was my thread and I wanted to share those bikes with the community with which I most associate. I consider myself a bit of a retro-grouch curmudgeon, but I'm happy to see those bikes/threads in the C&V forum.

EDIT:
I see the "Retro Roadies - old frames with STI or Ergos" thread has been moved, too

I've got a '85 De Rosa Pro I built with 9-speed ergos. It's built with a mix of 80s and 90s Chorus/C-Record/Record. The truth is, the frame doesn't look much different from an early 90s De Rosa Pro. I've posted a photo of this bike in that "Retro Roadies with STI..." thread. I think that thread should remain in C&V. It's specifically for C&V bikes "upgraded" with brifters, not bikes from the early brifter era. It's a slippery slope and an unnecessary division of our interests imho.

Last edited by gaucho777; 06-04-21 at 02:17 PM.