Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 829 Posts
Originally Posted by wipekitty
I've been liking the Bryton Rider 10. With over 10,000 miles on the thing, it still holds a charge and measures speed, distance, and elevation about as accurately as the expensive computers. It's ~$60, and compatible with cadence and heart rate sensors if you ever wanted to go that route. It's pretty simple to move between bikes.

Has anybody tried the Wahoo ELEMNT Mini? That looks like an interesting option as well, for ~$50 on Amazon.
How many hours do you get out of your Bryton.

Funny (maybe creepy story) A few days ago I was getting my bike set up for a ride. I was in my living room. When I realized my computer had died, I may have rattled off some expletives about bicycle computers. We have an Alexa in our house. I rode sans computer. Later that evening I was surfing Facebook and lo and behold a bicycle computer ad showed up. I hadn't done any online bicycle part searching in weeks. The ad was for the Wahoo Mini.

Conceptually it checked all the boxes. My search for information led me to REI reviews. There are 74 reviews, 35 of which are 1 or 2. In reading the comments I opted out. That's what set me on the course that steered me to the Lezyne.