View Single Post
Old 07-30-20, 05:07 PM
bonjourpanda

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I'm currently in Asia, where I got a small folder for coronavirus. I got a folder so I can pack it up easily when I leave.
However I'm researching the bike I'll use in London. I'll mostly be using it to go 2-4 miles on more or less flat ground. I love the folder, but I suspect I'll need some kind of minimal gearing and bigger tires, because London is pretty flat but not totally flat. I might also cycle in a part of Devon which gently slopes (the route I'd cycle there goes gradually from an elevation of 20ft to 138ft over 2 miles, the bulk of it is through a park with a cycle path). So I'm looking for something that has a full chainguard for weather and some gears, though I actually think 3 is enough.

@fietsbob yes that's why I linked to the Classic. I'd need to fit a front rack on it though because that's where I'd like to put my handbag/valuables.
The Pashley can be fitted with a rear child rack so it's not super flimsy, but I suspect you're right, I would only be able to transport an entire adult. I'm partial to the Pashley, but the Gazelle looks sturdier. I