View Single Post
Old 11-24-21, 05:26 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by work4bike
That's funny, because I also ride at least a 100-miles per week, but rarely ride on trails; however, of the times I have ridden on the trails, I hated it. You'd think someone that rides "thousands of miles...every year" would be perfectly fine on the roads. I live in the "most dangerous" State and City for cyclists, as some have said and I feel perfectly safe on the roads, mostly because I'm a very defensive cyclist.

Riding on trails just slows me down too much, not that I'm a speed demon, but with over 30-years of cycling, I simply don't want to pedal at below 15-mph and that's what I had to do on the trails in the DC area. There are some trails, such as the W &OD Trail, that goes out towards Purcellville, Va that is a very nice trail, but the bulk of other trails I've been on just suck..
I've pretty well given up on riding on the rail-trails around here. Between dog walkers with dogs on long thin retractable leashes that do an excellent job of "clotheslining" you and people walking with earbuds in their ears with the volume on high; it's far safer to ride on the quiet country roads instead.

Cheers
Likes For Miele Man: