View Single Post
Old 05-06-22, 08:12 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcusT
I have complete respect for cyclists on the road as I am one, but when I see a behaviour that just puts everyone at risk, it's too much for me.
Road cyclist riding in the middle of the lane on a narrow road. There was wide side lane for bikes. It was impossible to pass him without getting dangerously close. When the opportunity to safely pass presented itself after about a km, I rolled down the window and let him know what I thought of his unsafe manner. He gave me the one finger salute, I yelled "stop putting lives at risk" and moved on.
My biggest concern is the safety of other cyclists, because when drivers get fed up with riders like that, it puts the safe riders in danger.
I've ridden this road hundreds of times and yes, the side lane is perfectly suited for cyclists
I know the frustration. good rant. I try to avoid verbal communication between myself & cyclists or myself & cagers. I def. avoid "the salute" it can trigger some ppl ... don't ask me how I know
Likes For rumrunn6: