View Single Post
Old 05-14-22, 03:23 PM
schwim

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by gigadeath
Anyone tried them? Umidigi, Ulefone, Doogee?

As you might imagine, I need battery life, these rugged phones have like quadruple battery compared to everyday "lifestyle" phones. They're heavy though, but maybe someone of you found a lighter model (less than 250 grams... one could hope)

Thanks for the feedback!
Chinese battery life is like Chinese lumens. The numbers don't mean anything. You'll never get what's advertised.

Of the brands you mentioned, I have a torrid history with two of them(Doogee and Ulefone) and would strongly encourage you to stay away from them. The Doogee takes the spot for the worst phone I ever purchased. After returning two for issues, when the third one bricked on startup, I demanded my money back. Problems I had with it was buttons not returning after pressing, screen death, battery refusing to charge over 50%, overheating, etc. During my ownership, it also came to light that Doogee's flavor of Android packaged malware that was sending data logged on the phone to a Chinese IP address. It's more than buying a crap phone, it's putting everything you do on your phone at risk. Doogee isn't the only one caught doing this, this is just what came to light as I owned that particular brand.

I would do as Steve B. suggested. Basically all major phone manufacturers sell phones rated for water resistance and when paired with a rugged case like Otterbox, will withstand more than a Doogee S60 ever would(keep in mind the lack of cases for those phones).

Originally Posted by Steve B.
Why bother ?, use a durable water proof case and bring along some USB battery sticks or packs. Will you be staring at the phone while riding, using for navigation ?.
Likes For schwim: