View Single Post
Old 05-28-22, 01:26 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by 1989Pre
I recommend two solutions to this potential catastrophe: 1.) All riders should stay single-file, and as far to the right (or left, in Britain) as they can. There is no excuse for being out in the middle of the road, off of the shoulder. If, during times of no motor traffic, the group does spread out, laterally, then the command "Car Back", from the rear-most rider in the group or group section, should prompt an immediate response from all riders to assume a single-file as far to the right (or left) as they can. If you re not capable of this level of courtesy or control, you shouldn't be on a group ride. 2.) The ride leader should choose a route/time-of-day that is most-likely to minimize the risk inherent in obstructing motor traffic. Share the road.
I would add one thing: contact whatever stupid club is organizing or sanctioning this sort of ride. 75 people is ridiculous unless it's an event (as opposed to a ride). Choosing a route like that compounds the stupidity. The club needs to be called on it and just stop doing it.

Oh, I guess another thing to add: quit participating in such a stupid ride!