Old 05-25-21, 09:35 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3458 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by seibaatgung
I have a igh belt drive with tubeless tires, mechanical disk brakes, and drop bars. I was wondering what the tourists thought.
That should work but some IGH hubs are better than others. Some require annual lube changes, some have grease that theoretically will last the life of the hub.

For commuting, I would favor tubes over tubeless. I have never used tubeless so I might not be a good info source, but it is my understanding that sealant addition is required on a regular interval. I average one flat a year and I would rather deal with one flat than messing with sealant addition.

Nothing really wrong with mechanical disc or drop bars. But look at your disc brakes on occasion to see if the pads need replacement before you damage a rotor.

Originally Posted by seibaatgung
What about titanium?
What about it? Are you looking to buy or do you have one? Not sure what you are asking here.