Old 08-02-21, 08:15 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by CAT7RDR
I am off my bikes for a couple weeks because hips and shoulders were not designed to be slammed into the asphalt at 20 mph.
Although I do not desire or see a motorized bicycle in my future at 57 y/o, circumstances change. For now I am hiking to have some aerobic exercise. I just cannot visualize an e-bike delivering enough of a workout to justify the purchase. I will either hike or ride a bit slower with shorter distances. No shame in that. We age.
You can ride an E-Assist bike and pedal it as hard as you can... Nothing to visualize,, nothing to wonder at, even ride it with the motor off, and not fall prey to the usual "it has a motor" propaganda, that it is not a bicycle, It ALL depends on weather it's a low powered 350 watt or less E-Assist bike that you MUST pedal to go anywhere with a pressure sensor, or an E-Bike with a 500 watt + motor with a throttle or a rotation/cadence sensor that you can ride without actually doing any pedaling... and... Yes, you actually can, still pedal that E-Bike as hard as you can . it's just that one does NOT know how much effort that motor is ACTUALLY putting in, and you may ACTUALLY only be putting in 10% of the effort instead of the 50%+ you may be "thinking" you are putting in...

That is what 10 Years of riding an E-Assist bicycle has taught me, I get to pick how much effort the motor puts into the ride... I can ride my bike 100 % under my own power, or 35% assist from the motor on top of what ever I actually put into the pedaling effort on level 1, or 75 % assist from the motor on top of what ever I put into the pedaling effort on level 2, or 150% level 3, or 300% on level 4, added onto what ever effort I put into the pedaling effort, with a cut off of 40ftLbs max, assistance form the motor in any level...