View Single Post
Old 08-02-15, 06:15 PM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Enthalpic
Here they pre-baked some rats for 20min separate from exercise and found that cooking improved training effect.

"These data suggest that heat shock pretreatment and/or the ensuing HSP72 response may protect against muscle damage, and enhance increases in total protein and neonatal MHC content following exercise."

Acute heat stress prior to downhill running may enhance skeletal muscle remodeling
ah...i was wondering what you were responding to--then i signed in and saw the bold bit.

that was a bad choice on my part, done quickly. yes, there is increased adaptation from training in the heat.

i do believe in specificity of training, but i was speaking more specifically about measurement of power and computation of TSS. hrTSS and other estimates for MTB, IME, overestimate training stress due to fluctuations in terrain and coasting where HR stays elevated relative to effort. since we're generally talking about goals that include putting more power into the pedals, my opinion is that actual TSS (lower than hrTSS) remains the better measure of training load in the context of a PMC.

it all matters, just not very much.