Old 09-27-22, 10:35 AM
SirLeaflock

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Priority Classic Plus Gotham-Edition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Alligator
I bought one and absolutely hate it. I’m not sure who’s head they used as a model, but my helmet is more round than it should be and it doesn’t fit well. Even if I adjust it, it still doesn’t fit - and I purchased the correct size.

The magnetic light on the back is cool, but the button is hard to press and it doesn’t use a USB-C connector to charge. I like the hole in the helmet to put my bike lock through, but in all honestly, using the straps is way easier.

I also purchased A Giro Agilis MIPS helmet from Amazon, and it is about 1000x better than the Thousand helmet. Save your money and do not buy the Thousand helmet.
That's really good advice about why not to buy mail order a helmet, but not being a good fit for your head doesn't mean it's a poor choice for someone else. I used to sell motorcycle helmets and I'm confident at least one of the major brands had 3 different ships among their mass market designs, and other brands definitely catered to different head shapes.

I replaced a Bern that was getting aged and uncomfortable with a Giro Register and it has been a much better fit for me than the Bern ever was.