Old 11-28-22, 06:47 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Yesterday was my strongest endurance pace ride in a few years, three hours with an IF of .75. Okay, it was my first ride since before Thanksgiving, but it was still good. I felt strong throughout the ride and could've gone longer, but coach capped it at three hours.

TANSTAAFL applies, though. I had a strength workout later in the day and I was dragging.

I had to shuffle the schedule for the first part of the week. Today was supposed to be a "free" day where I could take it easy, tomorrow was supposed to be an endurance pace ride with 3x15' sweet spot intervals plus a strength workout, and Wednesday was a 2-3 hour endurance pace ride. Mother Nature threw me a curve ball; tomorrow is supposed to be heavy thunderstorms with the possibility of severe weather (hail, strong winds, etc.). I did the endurance pace ride today, a shorter version (2:13); the first half was strong, but then my legs decided they were tired and the second half was about the same TSS I usually do. Just the strength stuff tomorrow and then the intervals on Wednesday.

Things are going in a good direction.

Demain, on roule!
Likes For revchuck: